| books on my windowsill. . can you spot the secret 'hideyhole' book?? :) |
So I have been reading this book called the FINAL QUEST..
There's so much i love in this book, but heres something i read the other day that keeps coming back to me:
"You can be just as close to Me as anyone has ever been to Me, and even more so. I have made the way for everyone to be as close to Me as they truly desire. If you really desire to be even closer to Me than Paul was, you can. Some will want this, and they will want it badly enough to lay aside anything that hinders their intimacy with Me to give themselves fully to it, and they will have what they seek."
-Ok so the context of this quote is when God is speaking to us. He talks about Paul, who is a guy in the Bible (Much of the New Testament) known for having a real deep relationship with God. It inspires me in the sense that it IS possible for us to go deeper than anyone ever has before. HOW COOL. Imagine our whole generation pressing in, being known in Heaven for the generation that really went deep into knowing the heart of God.. this makes me super super excited!!!
It also reminds me of this preacher who once said..
'is it worth keeping something in my life if it risks me losing/going deeper in my intimacy with the Father'.
And i say no to that. If it risks losing something this precious it ain't worth it.
And thats even in the little things. Sometimes we just gotta let go to be able to see THE AWESOME THINGS and BLESSINGS of GOD.
Okay maybe it will make more sense if I give an example in my life that I have been challenged on lately. -Music. I love music :) About a month ago I felt convicted of listening to nonchristian music on my laptop. So i deleted it. I can't say I havn't felt regrets, but I know that I know that I know, that it has helped me focus more on God, and get His perspective.
An ya know what? I have found some ace christian music. It just takes a little bit more digging to find it sometimes. and don't get me wrong im not against nonchristian music, i still listen to it, i just try not to listen to it when im in my room
So back to the 'being a generation that goes deeper'. . whats holding YOUU back?
Jus something to think about..
PEACEOUT homietrons
No comments:
Post a Comment